How to travel to the Alto Mayo?
Do you want to travel to Alto Mayo but do not know how to do it ?. We explain the various routes and the best services to travel to this land.
The first thing to know is where to help will travel:
If you're in Lima
- The fastest way to get from Lima's airway LIMA - TARAPOTO
- Airlines operate daily departures to Tarapoto: LAN Peru, TACA, StarPerú
- To go from Tarapoto to Rioja and Moyobamba, you can do it by car, by the various transport companies operating in the area, there are combis (vans) but you have to wait until the squares are complete to leave, the approximate fare drive is 15 soles, the tour is approx. 2 hours to 2 hours at Rioja and Moyobamba.
- If we add the flight time (45 min) and travel by land (2hr 30min) in total we have from Lima to Rioja It takes approx. 3 hours 15 minutes.
If you find north of Lima (Trujillo, Chiclayo, Piura, etc.)
- The Pan American Highway runs along the Peruvian coast and is in Olmos where is the turnoff to the Forest on Highway Fernando Belaunde Terry, the buses leave from Trujillo and Chiclayo in the direction of the Forest, if you're in a city different from these, you must move to one of these cities (the nearest).
- Companies operating at San Martin and we can recommend are: Transport Movil Tours, CIVA, Paredes Estrella, Transport Huamanga, among others.
- Movil Tours is one of the best in terms of service, and makes fewer stops along the way than others, the approximate cost of the ticket in this business is between 70 and 100 soles, depending on the time. If your travel date is close to a party you can find the passages with a higher price.
Significantly from Lima you can also go to the Alto Mayo Earth, the same transport companies mentioned made this journey, the approximate time is 23 hours.